As we prepare to reopen soon there are a couple areas that have immediate needs for people to begin serving.
Below are descriptions of each opportunity and boxes to check to show your interest.
Ministry Opportunity: Greeter
How Greeters show love and help others to show love:
- Attend Greeter Training (to be announced).
- Arrive at the church 20 minutes before service to pray and strategize with other greeters.
- Wear masks on site (gloves, as needed).
- Welcome guests in a way that puts them at ease.
- Politely lead guests through safety protocols.
- Implement safety protocols:
- Administer hand sanitizer
- Provide masks (to those who don’t bring them; Journey has these on site)
- Provide temperature checks (touch-less thermometer provided).
Ministry Opportunity: Clean Team member
Description: Cleaning and sanitizing the church so that Journey can safely host people for the worship of the Lord.
How Clean Team members show love and help Journey to show love:
- Attend Clean Team Training (to be announced).
- Arrive at the church by 8:30 to sanitize the church in preparation for 10am worship service. Sanitize church after church service (NOTE: With enough volunteers, we will be able to have two separate teams handling pre-service and post-service cleaning.).
- Wear masks and gloves while cleaning (provided).
- Clean and sanitize “high-touch” areas.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
Ministry Opportunity: Stream Team
Description: Helping with the Live Stream of our Worship Service
If you’ve ever toyed with the idea of becoming a YouTuber this is a great opportunity to learn as part of a team. As you volunteer with our team, you’ll not only provide us with some much-needed help, you’ll also be picking up real life skills that could lead to a whole new career.